Dear Pamilya,
This has been the longest two weeks of my life!! Putting in 16 hour days
are not so easy when you are sitting all day! I have seen so many friends here!
I saw Sister Calder and Sister Tucker and Elder Coulston from Moses! I also saw
tons of friends teaching here from BYU. It makes me a little home sick to see
them all, knowing that i am not going back to school in the fall. And yes I saw
Sister Bates! She is in the other Philippines Zone than I am! I love
missionaries.
We do the same thing every day, my favorite time is gym time!! I love love
love running and stretching! Everyone always runs by and says, Sister Reed, you
are so flexible!! Its weird not being with all the dancers. I have missed
dancing so much, but I know that putting those things aside for 18 months i will
be blessed in other areas in my life. I love wearing my black name tag! I know
that i am representing Jesus Christ in everything I do.
When My casama and I were teaching Nila, we asked her if she would be
baptised! The spirit was so strong!!! She said yes! And she said that it felt
like God was talking to her through us. What an amazing miracle. Because i am
set apart as a missionary i can be a tool to share Gods love for her and help
nila know how to change. I could feel the presence of God with us and feel the
miracle for ministering of angels. I hope to share taht gift with the people of
the Philippines even if I cant communicate how i would like to.
We learned yesterday that in the Philippines we tell which way to go
through our lips, you point which way to go with your lip and say ita, iyan, or
anyhting then point with your lips! Haha it was so funny. You also saw yes with
your eye brows by lifting them up. Its is so funny to do them at the same time!
They say the Philippians are the best kissers haha :)
We did kick boxing at 6am for sisters gym time!! The gospel isnt the only
thing we learn here at the mtc! Watch out! :)
Fun Fact: There are buggers all over our walls in our residence halls! We
think boys occupied these dorms before sister moved in! Nasty!
Deu 31:6-8
Mortality is a period of testing, a time to prepare to prove ourselves
worthy to return to the presxence of our fatehr in heaven. in order to be
tested, we must sometimes face challenged and difficulties. At times there
appears to be no light at teh tunnels end. no dawn to break the nights
darkness.. if you find yourself in such a situation, i plead with you to return
to our HF in faith. he will guide you. he will not not always take your
afflictions from you, but he will comfort you and lead you with love through
whatever storm you face. Pres Thomas S monson.
Mahal Kita!!
Sister Reed
No comments:
Post a Comment