Sunday, July 7, 2013

First week at the MTC...

Dear Pamilya!!
 
Life here in the MTC is going great!! I am so busy, everyday. I have classroom instruction for 6 hours every day! Yah...And we have to wear our shoes the whole time! I realized that I am used to dancing all day, no wearing shoes...my poor feet :) I love having gym time or exercising in the morning. It helps to clear my mind. They are pushing us hard to learn the language fast!! They recently have shortened the time to learn Tagalog so it is the same amount of time as Spanish. 6 weeks! I am out of the MTC Aug 12! I taught my first investigator yesterday! Nila! After two days of being exposed to the language, we prepare a lesson and give it, with no notes! But the spirit helped me and reminded me of the words i needed to say. I can pray, tesify and commit others in Tagalog! I can also introduce myself and have a short convo. I was pretty impressed with me and my casama Sister Burnum. She is a sweet heart and loves the gospel! She is from Arizona. We make a good teaching team :)
 
Its really hard for me to stay awake from sitting all day, we have firesides all the time! sometimes i start dancing in my chair, one time our teacher caught me, haha, I am trying not to... On the 4th of July we got to watch 17 miracles, Elder Lanney from the 5th quorm of the 70 talked to us about being humbled and Chirst will lead us by our hand. We also got magnum ice cream bars!! Best ice cream ever! And then they had special fireworks for us!!
 
I do love the MTC, so far :) The first day we walked around with our orange dots. Every would say, welcome to the MTC! My camasa would call them dork dots :)
We had the largest group of missionaries come to the MTC. 841 missionaries entered the same day as me! HOLY COW!! HERE WE COME :)
 
My distict has 6 Elder camasa's and 2 sister camasa's! The boys are all 18 years old or maybe if im lucky 19. I feel like i am in the MTC with ELders Nicks age! It's like I am helping my little brothers. My casama is 21 and the other sisters are 19. It has been exciting to learn with them. Our zone is the largest zone the Philippines have ever had! I love how much the missions are growing.
 
I have been truly blessed here. i have been the fastest learner in my distict to learn Tagalog. It has a little spanish, chinese, french and sounds like islander. The structure of the language is all mixed together and backwards so i apoligize if my sentences start to not make sence. The gift of tounges comes little by little. My MTC teacher Elder Kovach always says Tagalog, Tagalog, Tagalog! The more we speak the faster it comes. We are learning through a program called Speak Your Language or SYL. I love using the TALL program on the computer to listen to how the phrases are pronounced.
 
In a fireside someone quoted Elder Holland. He said that, Listening to the spirit should drive your lesson. Thats when the lesson no longer becomes yours, but His. This is when the earth trembels and the earth shakes. Thunder pounds into the investigator and the missionary. This is one of my goals. To fully trust the the Savior to listen to the Espiritu Santo. I want thunder to pound into the investigator and have the spirit hit them so strongly that there is no way that they can regect the message of coming to JesuCristo.
 
This is the Scripture that I am going to put on my black plack!!  Dand C 84:88 And whoso reciveth you, there I will be also, for  i will go before your face. I will be on your right hand and on your left, and my Spirit shall be in your hearts, and my angels round about you, to bear you up.
 
I know that we are never alone. The spirit can be close to us. More importantly, the Savior can be close to us. I know that my Redeemer lives. I know He is minful of me. He is watching out for us. I know He loves me, and I love Him. I will serve Him with my full heart, might, mind and soul.
 
Mahal Po Kayo! (I love you all)
 
Sister Reed


No comments:

Post a Comment