Monday, December 8, 2014
Evacuated Ruby
Pamilya,
Kaya....this has been an interesting week. As you know typhoon Ruby has hit our area. We were evacuated to the Malinao chapel for 4 days....Our whole zone was asked to go there by President Mangum. So it was me and my comp and all the Elders. We didn't shower for 3 days and when we did we showered in the custodial closet in the church. I bet you never thought it would be used for something like that. We are grateful we still has water. One night we were sleeping and then woke up all wet. The bathrooms flooded and sewer water was everywhere! The water was up to our shins. So we were living in sewer water for one day until we got it all cleaned out. EWWWW. It was the color of yellpw...blah! We are now back to our area and it is fine except for flooding in some areas and I bet some houses were destroyed. But our home is okay. We lived on crackers and bread for 4 days. I ate my first meal today and it tasted soooo good! I forgot how good real food tastes. Also, after living in the dark for 2 days, i am so grateful for electricity. What a beautiful gift from our HF. After the 3rd day and the last night the quietness was so beautiful. No rushing wind, the quietness of the storm was so peaceful. I loved the quiet from the storm.
We were really prepared for this storm. We knew 2 days in advance, had a game plan, 72 hour kits, water, candles and other things. I was not scared at all. I was not scared because we were prepared. No fear, just faith that God will take care of us.
I felt like this story in the BOM really relates to what happened on our mission and has a beautiful interpretation to the typhoon we experience. Ether 4:6-12.
On another take in our area we are continuing to see miracles. We found a potential priesthood holder!! Actually three. This is what we fasted for this fast sunday to find more investigators that have potential to becme priesthood leaders. They all have problems with the word of wisdom but they all have a desire to stop and change. That is a miracle. After we taught the lesson 1 overview we taught him the word of wisdom. He said he had a problem with all those things on it, coffee, tea, alak, and cigarettes. When we taught him the doctrine of it and committed him to live it he answered back quickly, "I can stop, I forgot that my body is a temple of the Lord". He also attended sacrament even though there was a storm. He is prepared and has a deep desire to follow Christ and to be saved. He has read Jesus the Christ and other church magazines and has received an answer that this is the right church through his prayers. This is brother Nickanor pala. As we are obedient, I feel the Lord is anxious to bless us with people and priesthood holders that are ready to become members of the restored gospel of Jesus Christ.
Nothing will stop the work from progressing until the lord says, the work is done.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment