Sunday, November 10, 2013
Super Typhoon
Magandang hapon po!
I am all safe and accounted for! This typhoon was kinda scary. There were really strong winds and rain all day. We couldn't work for 2 days. Everyone in our mission is safe. In the Tacloban mission 80 missionaries are missing. I feel blessed to be safe in San Pablo, as we pray for the other missionaries. Sister Burnham (my MTC kasama) got to stay with me at my new apt in Darasa! They could travel to their area bc the typoon hit in the middle of transfers. I loved to catch up with her! She is wonderful and a best friend of mine!
Yes, I have been transfered to Darasa! Lipa zone, close to Batangas region. Darasa is actually a Barangi, pero it has so many members here! I love my new ward! I will miss the people of Los Banos. Our investigators will get baptized this month! Yay! Sister Kerr will take it away! We are replacing Elders here in Darasa. Lots of work for us to do! We are starting from the beginning! My companion got sick, so right now I am in a three sum with siter Malig, and sister cortez! My kasama is sister Malig din! She will arrive on NOv 20! I cant wait to meet her! I am excited to train a philipina! This will help my language skills :)
Do you remember the earthquake that hit the Philippines last month? I heard a cool story about the Cebu temple. The angel Moroni at the top did a 180 turn. It is now facing the area which is moat effected from the earthquake. Like he is protecting them maybe? A girl took a picture of the temple after the quake. She could see something around the temple, protecting it. All around the temple everything was ruined. I stood still. As well as the chapels. The Catholic Churches and the Iglessia ni Cristo church all fell to the ground from the each quake. Evidence of the truthfulness of the fullness of the gospel.
I love this work. I know that the church is true. What ever the Lord brings me, I say, bring it on! This is the time to focus everything on my Savior. I will be His defender of the faith. I strive to become one with Him and this work.
Mahal Kita!
Sister Reed
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment